Boulder County and City Street Tree Planting Guide.
If Boulder County or Boulder City requires you, the homeowner, to install trees and/or shrubs for your new home, business, or project. CreekSide Tree Nursery offers discounts on those plants used to complete your job.
Please mention this page to take advantage of this special offer. You must provide a building permit or site plan review as proof.
Below you will find basic information for plants as probably required by the city and county of Boulder in Colorado.
Minimum size requirements for all Boulder County and City approved trees:
- Deciduous shade trees starting at 2” caliper or diameter trunk.
- Ornamental and ﬂowering trees starting at 1 ½”caliper or diameter trunk.
- Evergreens trees starting at 5’ tall.
- Shrubs or bushes in a #5 container.
Tags on Trees
- Labels that identify the botanical or common name must be on all trees at the ﬁnal inspection.
Colorado State Noxious weeds
- All landscape plans must comply with the current state weed and nursery lists. Consult the Colorado State noxious weed list for additional information.
Links to additional resources
Please consult your specific guidelines for your job as some details can change from project to project.